Winners 2009 Gallery
These are the photos and the winning video from the 2009 shootout competition. What a fantastic week we had. The visibility was fantastic all week - check out the winners list and the winning images - winning video will be up soon.
Best Festival Video
1st prize - Kieren Curry - Light & Motion LED Sunray-1000 Video light - see his clip here soon
3rd prize - Jorina van der Westhuizen - Pair of ESCLAPEZ Fins
Best Festival Photograph - SLR camera
- 1st prize - Mark Gray - a dive holiday for TWO at Matava in Fiji - includes meals and taxes - *flights not included
- 2nd prize - Chris Hamilton - 10 dive voucher at Sundive Byron Bay inc gear hire if needed PLUS a $500 Ultra Light Control Systems voucher from Scubapix
- 3rd prize - Graham Midgley - a massive 1200mm x 800mm canvas print of your winning image by Retrospect
Best Festival Portfolio - 5 images
- 1st prize - Chris Hamilton - Full Beuchat SCUBA package including first and second stage regulators, occy & BCD as well as fins & mask.
- 2nd prize - Mark Gray - 6 Days/5 Nights Cocotinos Dive Package for one diver in Manado, Sulawesi. PLUS a $500 Aquatica voucher from Scubapix
- 3rd prize - Stefan Beekman - aunoc 3TEN Dive Light
Best Festival Photograph - Compact camera
- 1st prize - David Bryant - Choice of Ikelite SLR housing (inc port) / video housing or DS-160 deluxe strobe package
- 2nd prize - Stefan Beekman - 3 night/4 dive Dive/Accommodation package at PLANULA Divers Retreat/Byron Bay Dive Centre for TWO PEOPLE
- 3rd prize - Ken Thongpila - a huge 900mm x 600mm canvas print of your winning image by Retrospect
Best Festival Photograph - Novice & Sealife Camera Try Outs
- 1st prize - Susan Berry - Sealife DC800 camera
- 2nd prize - Aiden Dipple - Pair of ESCLAPEZ Fins
- 3rd prize - Cherie Dodd - Essential & Advanced Guide to Underwater Photography
Neville Coleman Awards
Most interesting critter find during the Underwater Festival
- 4 prizes of autographed copies of Neville Coleman’s latest books
1 - John Natoli
2 - John Natoli
3 - Ian Banks
4 - Ken Thongpila
Thank you all sponsors!
The Byron Underwater Festival would like to say a huge thank you to all the prize sponsors - without you, this festival would be only half as much fun.
See the winners of the 2007 shoot-out competition on the uf07 archive site.
Check out our...
Latest UF09 News
Winners 2009 Gallery » Byron Underwater Festival - Byron Bay